As a Born Again Christian your heart is fertile ground for God’s Word – through Scripture confessions – to take root. When you plant the seed of God’s Word, by faith, in your heart you begin a process of ‘Seed time and Harvest’. (Genesis 8:22)
But there are conditions that must be met in order to see good fruit from your confessions of Scripture and planting.
1. Is there anything currently in your heart that has the potential to choke God’s Word?
For example, are you currently harbouring un-forgiveness, offence, bitterness or jealousy towards anyone? These will surely choke the Word of God and leave you disappointed and possibly confused!
2. Check again: how is your love level at the moment? Faith works in the environment of Love; and love is a decision that we must make – not based upon how we feel, nor how justified emotionally to being, say, offended. “…faith working through love`’. Ask Father God to create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you. (Ps 51)
3. Do you love and accept yourself? Unfortunately we can many times be our own most harsh critic. Whilst everyone else may have forgiven you (including Father God); if you do not forgive yourself you are in bondage to fear. “But perfect love drives out fear!”(1 Jn. 4:18).
4. “Faith works by love.” (Gal 5:6) Again, check your love levels. Grace is a gift of God in sending His only begotten Son to die for our sins. It cannot be earned. It is by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus that we are accepted, loved and blessed.
5. Do a thorough search for any ‘Religious spirit’ keeping you in bondage to fear! We cannot earn God’s favour with good works. Incredibly God still loves us when we sin; and that’s because the punishment for our sin came upon Jesus. We only need to believe it and embrace it. However, if we come out of our protection we are vulnerable to enemy attack – more often than not ‘Condemnation!’
6. Religion will keep you in a ‘works’ mentality. Jesus Himself declared that ‘”It is finished” just before He died on the Cross.(Jn. 19:30). We must remember that it was He that finished it and not us!
7. So, now we rest in the Truth; “The Truth that makes us free”. (Jn. 8:32 )
Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life! (Jn. 14:6).
8. “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” (Jn. 8:36)
If you would like help: Click Here For Your Free and without obligation FREE INTRODUCTORY CHRISTIAN LIFE COACHING SESSION. You will be required to fill in a short form.
I welcome enquiries from UK and Worldwide.