God’s instructions to defeating the enemy. (2 Chronicles 20)
The Problem – A great multitude came against the people of God to destroy them! Jehoshaphat, the then King of Judah, was terrified and set himself to seek the Lord. In the natural, God’s people did not stand a chance against such a formidable force.
How about you…? Do you know that awful fear of defeat, where you just can’t see your way through? If so, here are some valuable keys from this amazing Chapter of the Bible. It will help you win your own battles for the Lord!
- God’s people gathered to ask help from the Lord
- They prayed for help. Then King Jehoshaphat stood before the people and spelt out the potentially tragic plight of God’s people.
- He prayed to God, reminding Him of His Divine power and justice; and of the many victories He’d won for His chosen people, the Israelites, in the past.
- Jehoshophat reminded God that they had built for Him a sanctuary of worship in their Land; and that God had already promised His people that no disaster would befall them.
- Jehoshophat spelt out the enormity of the enemy coming against them – an enemy Israel would have defeated long ago had God not told them to spare them.
- With a hint of rebuke, King Jehoshophat reminded God that if He had permitted them to destroy the enemy they would not be facing this enormous crisis now!
- Jeshoshophat did, however, insist that their eyes were on God alone for their salvation.
- They waited prayerfully for a response
- Finally, the prophetic Word of the Lord came to Jehoshophat “Do not be afraid of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God’s! Position yourselves, stand still and see the Salvation of the Lord, who is with you.”
- Delighted with God’s prophetic Word, they worshipped the Lord and praised Him with voices loud and high! The next morning as as they went out to meet with the enemy, Jehoshophat stood and said: “Hear me, O Judah, and you inhabitants of Israel: Believe in the Lord God and you shall be established; believe His prophets and you shall prosper.”
- Jehoshophat appointed singers to go out before the enemy army; they sang: “Praise the Lord for His mercy endures forever.”
- As they sang, God set ambushes against their enemies and they were utterly defeated. Remember this is without Jehoshophat’s army lifting a single sword! Meanwhile God’s people stripped the enemy of their abundant valuables and precious jewelry. Job done!
If you are facing a mighty enemy in any area of your life, be it physically, mentally or spiritually; please remember these dynamic Key’s to Breakthrough. They worked for Jehoshophat and they will work for you!
If you are want help in receiving your breakthrough: Click Here For Your Free and without obligation FREE INTRODUCTORY CHRISTIAN LIFE COACHING SESSION. You will be required to fill in a short form.
I welcome enquiries from UK and Worldwide.